Sunday, 5 April 2009

Revisionist perspectives of the SYF. Or band for the matter

Continuing from my posts on the Band Blog Tagboard.

I've left the school for 2 years now. But while I don't remember what the school taught me for Physics (I'm an Arts student now) or how many times I was late for school, it's the experiences I've had in Band that I still remember to this very day.

Like, how we played sunrise at sunrise.
Or, how the band screamed their guts out for Jericho (2005 SYF/WMC)
Or perhaps, the evil playing and whacking of timbales, or other instruments for the matter, for Incantation and Dance. (I'm sure some of you guys remember the rhythm)
Or maybe whatever dance moves or choreography we showed at VCH or the Esplanade whenever it was aesthetique.
The ecstasy of hearing the results that we got GWH for 2005 and the heartbreak when we got Silver 2 years later.
And maybe, some of the more unpleasant experiences along the way.

But that's life.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'm sure you've heard of that somewhere.

Because many years later, while you might have forgotten your subject content in school (that's why the USA produced Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader... when some of its applicants are Ivy League College Grads), or even how to play your instrument to the standard you are now, it's those memories that you'll remember for life. It's the experiences that brought you along to that final result that you'll keep in your memories.

And speaking of Jericho and Incantation and Dance, I can still play my parts for the pieces. I bet same goes for Yiyong and Junwei.

No comments: