Saturday, 22 March 2008

Views from the second best dota player in the Band

Hi, Ivan here , as my inaugural post here, I'd like to raise an issue that might seem insignificant but to me, is actually quite important.

If any of you here reading this have friends who are consistent bloggers, you can easily relate to what i'm saying here, better still if you yourself are active blogger like L or Kit.

As a blogge myself, i often ask people to read my blog, why? Because it feels good to know that your work is being appreciated. But how do you know people are reading your blog? Well, by actively spreading the word of your blog, you hope to bring more attention to it, heck, if i said 'my sketches' my batch of students will quickly be able to identify Elgyn's blog.

Which brings me to my point, another way of knowing when your blog is being appreciated is by the Cbox, sure, people could spam insults. But in a very slight way, at least you know that the guy came o your blog, read it, wasn't happy, and insulted you. The bottomline? He READ your blog, and to a certain extent, appreciated ita, after all, hate is still a form of passion.

Being the CHSSB blog and all, readership is not really a problem, we have alumnis, the band itself and other school bands reading our blogs, but few would tag. now to me, tagging is participation, it symbolizes the fact that people actually understood and are commenting about it.Remember this March Holiday when Springs told every one at least 3 times about checking the blog?? And yet, people still arrived at around 12.15?I admit, i checked the blog, but did not arrive at 11.45 as stated on the first day, me and a coupls of others arrived at 11 because Dan said 11. Thats beside the point, you would never know how thankful i was when we were not punished for not checking the band blog.Now if Springs had made it compulsory for everyone to TAG, few would be able to ignore the band practice times screaming into their faces.

Overall, this post is meant to encourage 1 and all to tag more frequently, this goes out to the sec 4's too. and to all that can, post more genial posts like this, it seems the bloggers keeping the blog aloft are sec 3's.

Cheerio and Work Hard for the Concert.!!!

No comments: