Thursday, 13 March 2008

......*feeling sombre*......

Today is the 13th of March. The number 13 is known to be an unlucky number in the Chinese culture. So, technically today is suppose to be unlucky. And yes, if I ask some of you whether you think today was an unlucky day, you would strongly agree.

You might say that the fact that Springsfield found a stand outside band room and was angry with us was unlucky. You might say that the fact that Mr Tan decided to check the rhythm book today was unlucky, because you were unprepared. You might say that upsetting Il Shan today was unlucky, because there were some unknown factors or causes that made us screw up our pieces.

Well, yes, i agree, but to a certain extent.

What's interesting about all the things that happen to us today, is that they were all caused by us. What made Mr Tan, Il Shan, and all our leaders mad today was our attitude.

Indeed, I left early today, so you may say I have no right to post this as I wasn't there to feel the heat from the pumping and from Il Shan's scolding. BUT, let me tell you my feelings. I was really disappointed. Not at the band, but the way how things turned out today.

I came into the band room, feeling cheerful and excited about what Mr Tan is going to do. And I try my best to cooperate with the conductors and the leaders, by focusing. I was hoping that this practice would turn out great. I am sure a lot of you guys feel the same way as I do.

I realised i was terribly wrong when I saw Mr Tan's face when he is checking the rhythm book.

"Sigh" is one word I can use to describe my feelings for today's practice. Not "F**k" or "Wah lau".

Rhythm book was supposed to be done in the last two weeks if you haven't completed it. TWO WEEKS is a very long time! If you tell me you have not complete 21, it can at least be accepted because there were some misconception that 21 is not needed to be completed. However, the whole book!? What the hell are you doing in your life? Slacking? Playing? Mugging?!

Though the stand was not the main point of today's punishment, but stands have been disappearing. Take extra care of your stand please.

What made Il Shan upset today was certainly what you call "冤枉". We did poetic over and over again, and we screwed it up. There was no reason for us to screw up. And "Beauty and the Beast", we practised it during our sectionals didnt we? I don't know why it still sounds as if we were side-reading it for the first time...

However, all is not lost. Let me tell you something interesting. Our practice pattern goes like this. MON: Maybe good, maybe bad. THUR: Depends on MON, if leaders scold us, it will be good. If not, it will be bad. FRI: Good.

Suggestion: Why not we focus for every practice and let every practice be the best. In this way, Mr tan will be happy, our leaders will be happy, and we will also be happy.
One stone kill three birds, isn't tat good?, And all we have to do is to focus...and do what we are told to do. But if only one person does that, it will be useless. It will only work if everybody does it.

Final note: Though today was bad, let's put it aside. Let's embrace tomorrow's practice and wish it to be well.! =)

No comments: