Saturday, 8 March 2008

Two Statements.

It’s good to hear my band piece Threnody sounding better and better each time I come back to hear it. JiaYou! Or mebbe…’add oil’. DUN GO TO THE PETROL STATION PLEASE. :D

The main part of this post is to post two inspirational sentences I have heard over the past few weeks in my school and share them with you all. Do think about them and how they can help you perform better…

1. “The BEST piece of music in the world…is the one you’re currently facing now.” – Richard J. Adams, Head of Music, NAFA

The next one refers particularly to student conductors;

2. “I don’t conduct the front players. Yes I do give them eye contact but mainly I conduct the back seat players (ie those at the back row or at the corners of the band.) Why conduct the front players? They are probably good enough already; that’s why they’re in the front. So I conduct the weaker players…” – Volker Hartung, Orchestral conductor

Do give them some thought. Happy holidays…and happy practicing. :)

No comments: