Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Full Speed Ahead!

OKAY PEOPLE!

I guess it's time I add in my 2 cents worth about how we're going.

The concert is on 17 May, that's like 2 months and 2 weeks away.
My look at it? WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME GUYS!

Let me assure you that being under Mr.Tan's baton means that we're in very safe hands. However, to make Aesthetique 08 not only impressive, but also extremely successful, we'll need to put in EXTRA EFFORT!

Yes! I am saying that it's time to pick up the pace and not turn back! We need to move at FULL SPEED AHEAD GUYS!

Here's our confirmed repertoire, and I'll tell you the most important aspects of these pieces so that you guys can have more direction when practicing.

POETIC INTERMEZZO: Intonation (as a person, section, band); Phrasing
THRENODY: Intonation; Phrasing
CARNIVAL OF ANIMALS: Articulation; Rhythm
PRELUDE & FUGUE: Phrasing; Baroque style
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Intonation; Phrasing; Rhythm
PIRATES: Ariticulation; Rhythm


*Disclaimer: Notes should have all been settled by then

Okay, so there you have it. If you feel that there's too much to work on. GOOD! THAT'S STRESS FOR YOU! SO STOP SLACKING AND START WORKING! HARDER!

I feel (and I hope Il Shan doesn't see this) that we can't judge how much of a piece we've covered by percentage really. At the end of the day, whether it is 100% or 200%, we must present THE BEST OF THE MUSIC. And that's what the band is famous for - presenting the best.

So all, be prepared to work extra extra hard! We need to make Aesthetique 08 SUPER IMPRESSIVE! So that everyone will know that the band has made a SUPER IMPROVEMENT!

Cheerio
Daniel

No comments: