Friday, 8 August 2008

National Day 2008 *WOOTS*

Yo People!

National Day is coming up! (Well, actually its tomorrow..)

So aren't you guys excited? Happy? Enthusiastic? Overjoyed? Off the roof?

I am sure none of you are, because I really doubt if there are even any patriots in our Band. (excluding the teachers, and Mr Tan). On the contrary, if you are, then good for you! Tomorrow, on the 9th August, the whole of Singapore will be celebrating our nation's 43rd birthday!

THREE CHEERS FOR SINGAPORE!!!

Anyway, while I was on my way to the library@esplanade today (with yue feng, yu chen and (CO) xuan ming), I noticed that not only was Yu Chen in red, all the other pedestrians are in red as well. And they are not just mere students from Primary or Secondary schools, but adults are wearing red and white too!

When we were at the City Hall MRT station, I was flabbergasted! All I saw was a sea of red and white. And I am not exaggerating! It was so spectacular, i wanted to fish out my digital camera and snap a picture at that instance. ( Sadly, I didn't bring my Digital Camera) Even foreigners are wearing red and white?

At that moment, a sense of pride was welling up in me. It was so, so, AWESOME, seeing fellow Singaporeans wearing red and white all at the same time! It was a sight to be remembered, and I will never forget it in my mind.

It was at that moment when I realised that, Singaporeans aren't that worse off as they say in the news, that we are un-patriotic to our own country. But that's absolutely not true. There is a still a sense of belonging in the people of Singapore.

Believe me or not, I, who once thought that National Day was just a waste of time, was really looking forward to tomorrow's celebration. National Day marks the day of our independence, and we really should be proud of it!

So, I hope you guys will be anticipating in tremendous excitement for the upcoming National Day's performance. And I hope you guys will enjoy it as well!

Because I know I am going to! =P

No comments: