Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Is Band Really That Difficult?

The holiday practices are almost over. They don't seem very productive to me for very specific reasons but anyway I managed to learn a few lessons. Once again its my usual, boring worries pertaining to the band I'm going to blog about. Those who read, please reflect.

Holiday practices expose to us how disunited CHSSB is at times as we have to deal with lousy, unacceptable attendance. You simply refuse to come for band and switch off your handphones. Perhaps to you band rehearsals may seem boring. Perhaps band rehearsals to you seem like a total waste of time. Well I'm telling you that its never easy to get a slot with a master conductor - you don't even realise the trouble the teachers have gone through to plan rehearsals! You simply skip band and when you get reprimanded you act as if nothing has happened.

I dare you to pick up the baton and conduct the band when HALF the members are gone, vanished, disappeared without a reason. I dare you to ask for balance and blend when you have HALF the trombone section missing. And what can conductors do? Scold? If you scold you wouldn't be able to make music. People with slightly immature minds will refuse to cooperate. And I am not speaking this for myself, rather on Mr Tan's behalf. Conducting a band that doesn't even bother about full attendence, is bullshit.

From today onwards, those that frequently "pon" band will stop "ponning". Twist this rule, and you will hate me forever.

------------------------------Removed------------------------------------

No comments: